When delivering learning and development (L&D) programs, oftentimes, too much focus is placed on the content and teaching, rather than on the employees themselves. To upskill and reskill employees effectively, understanding how employees learn is important, too. But even as learning and development leaders strive to deliver programs that put employees first, they face multiple challenges.
To navigate this new age of learning, L&D leaders must find better ways to make connections between the what—the type of support to provide employees, and the how—the ways of delivering the support for the following:
- Help employees master new skills
- Help employees learn successfully
- Cultivate employee curiosity
- Help employees retain the material taught
- Encourage employees to go beyond passive listening
To know more about these factors, download ‘The Science of Learning’ guide below.