Welcome to the HRD Tech Roundup – your one-stop update of everything happening in the world of HR Technology.
It’s all about taking the tech we know and transforming it for the better this week, as Cornerstone OnDemand launch a suite of three new products, Salesforce bring blockchain to the table and Sentric transform their SentricWorkforce solution.
So what’s been happening?
Key Players Announcements:
- Cornerstone OnDemand has launched three new products for organisations to effectively train and develop teams by implementing direct learning into the employees’ workflow: Cornerstone for Salesforce, Cornerstone Create, and Express Class (via Sys-Con Media).
- Salesforce is set to offer blockchain as a permissioned, centrally controlled service to selected customers. Customers using Salesforce Blockchain have complete control over their data, and can check which of their partners can access the ledger and what level of access they have (via Computer World).
- SD Worx has unveiled its new brand SD Worx Staffing Solutions for recruitment and flexible employment activities. The new brand will offer services such as secondment, recruitment, and selection, project sourcing, outplacement and career guidance services across Belgium and Netherlands (via Staffing Industry Analysts).
More HRD Tech News:
- Sentric has released new software to improve upon SentricWorkforce. The new software will include an improved mobile-friendly user interface and document functionality with electronic signatures, paper onboarding, dashboards, and more (via HR Technologist).
- Absorb Software has announced the acquisition of Utah-based SaaS LMS provider Torch LMS. The acquisition of Torch, which is the first for Absorb Software, will better position the organization to capitalize on increasing interest in eLearning technology (via HR Technologist).
- BerniePortal has released a searchable broker network, enabling employees to find and access local HR and benefits expertise. The portal will help employers to filter their search based on location, brokerage descriptions, scope of practice and client reviews, with no cost involved (via Benefit News).
HRD Live Podcast: Brent Pearson, Founder & CEO, Enboarder
When adopting a major new HR system, the HR professional of yesteryear was highly risk-averse – wary of spending too much time, and cash, on an implementation that wouldn’t see the return on investment that the business needed. But smaller systems are now offering businesses greater impact, and are allowing the HR function to realise its full potential as an essential partner in business.
In this episode of the HRD Live Podcast, Michael Hocking was joined by Brent Pearson, Founder & CEO of Enboarder to discuss the future of HR systems in transforming talent acquisition and development.
Listen via Apple Podcasts, Spotify and HRD Connect.
HR Tech Influencer Spotlight:
Who’s been causing a stir in HR Tech this week?
Influencer of the week
Carolyn Mumby has been sharing some fascinating insight into the mechanics behind digital transformation this week.
Quote of the week
“Organizations need to ensure they invest in their people to make sure they have the right mindset and skills to take on a greater amount of strategic and thought-driven work. This is arguably the area of automation that needs the greatest consideration, to review and predict the new skills needed to develop among their workers to maximise competitive advantage in a more automated environment. This will also help them shape future-looking HR plans as part of building a business case for automation.”
Establishing an Organization Guidance System
Dave Ulrich, Norm Smallwood and Alan Todd break down Organization Guidance Systems - what they are, and why they are essential to HR's role in busines...
2020: HRD Thought Leaders on the biggest trends of...
Dave Ulrich, Jill Christensen, Jon Ingham, Katrina Collier and more HRD Thought Leaders predict the trials and transformations that will face the work...
HRD Summit UK 2020 - Sneak Peek
With the HRD Summit 2020 fast approaching, HRD Connect takes a look at what to expect at this year’s landmark event. View article
Amanda Cusdin, Sage: The Big Conversation and real...
In this week's HRD Live Podcast, Amanda Cusdin, Chief People Officer, Sage, sat down Michael Hocking, Editor, HRD Connect, to discuss Sage's mammoth c...
HRD Best of 2019: Culture and Engagement
As 2019 comes to a close, we look back at the top 10 culture and engagement articles, podcasts and interviews of the year. View article
Do You Possess the Top Two Most In-Demand Skills?
Jill Christensen, Employee Engagement Expert, Best-Selling Author and HRD Thought Leader, breaks down the two most important skills in the workplace, ...
Terry Walby, Founder and CEO, Thoughtonomy, discusses the challenges and rewards of preparing a workforce for automation. Read more.
That’s all for this week. Join the conversation below.