HRD Tech Roundup - May 13th 2019
- 4 Min Read
Employee experience takes a front seat in the world of HR Technology this week, as Facebook redesign their Workplace UI, Namely and Google team up to transform the employee onboarding experience, and Teleopti launch a new workplace chatbot to help companies with flexible planning. So what’s been happening?
Welcome to the HRD Tech Roundup – your one-stop update of everything happening in the world of HR Technology.
Employee experience takes a front seat in the world of HR Technology this week, as Facebook redesign their Workplace UI, Namely and Google team up to transform the employee onboarding experience, and Teleopti launch a new workplace chatbot to help companies with flexible planning.
So what’s been happening?
Key Players Announcements:
- Facebook has announced a redesigned interface for its Workplace enterprise social network. The updated UI, revealed at Facebook’s F8 developer conference in San Jose, California, is equipped with the ability to jump between Workplace’s Notifications, Groups and Workplace Chat more quickly, and features a new Notifications view (via Computerworld).
- SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting has been recognised as a leader in IDC Marketscape: Worldwide and U.S. Modern Talent Acquisition Suites for Large Enterprise 2019 Vendor Assessment. SAP’s positioning in the report is primarily based on customer satisfaction with the SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting solution’s current depth and completeness (via HR Technologist).
- ADP Recruiting Management has partnered with LinkedIn Recruiter System Connect. The Global HCM solutions provider is integrating its all-in-one recruiting platform, ADP Recruiting Management, with LinkedIn RSC, streamlining the recruitment process and enabling LinkedIn Recruiter seat holders to export basic profile data from LinkedIn Recruiter into ADP Recruiting Management (via ADP Media Center).
More HRD Tech News:
- Namely has announced its integration with Hire by Google. The integration aims to help companies accelerate the employee onboarding experience (via Namely).
- Hibob has joined forces with Slack Partner to improve employee experience and the flow of work. The integration aims to increases productivity and foster collaboration across team members from different office locations, teams or generation and envisions to bring everything together in one place, ranging from project collaborations, office announcements (via HR Technologist).
- Teleopti has launched Grant, a workforce management chatbot, created to help companies achieve flexible intraday planning using AI-optimized employee self-service.Grant leverages Microsoft Azure Bot Service to deliver a more agile, efficient process for internal communication and customer service staffing (via HR Technologist).
New HR Tech Spotlight
- Workplace misconduct reporting company Vault has raised $4.2 million in a seed funding round. With the fresh funding, Vault is planning to scale and expand its presence in North America and Europe (via Pulse 2.0).
HR Tech Influencer Spotlight:
Who’s been causing a stir in HR Tech this week?
Influencer of the week
You exhibit high emotional intelligence if you have #empathy, integrity and work well with others.
— Soumyasanto Sen (@soumyasanto) May 8, 2019
This week, Soumyasanto Sen was, as ever, a great source of thought leadership from across the world on the future of work.
Tweet of the week
— Jess Von Bank (@jessvonbank) May 1, 2019
This week, Jess Von Bank had us thinking about the difference between UI and genuine experience. Where is the divide? What makes a really effective employee experience?
Quote of the week
“With the limited perspective you generate from data, in combination with all the experience the HR function holds, which may or may not be accurate, you need to arrive at the best decision at that moment in time, but also rigorously re-evaluate. For me, it’s about finding the right balance between experience, beliefs, intuition, and the evidence that you can create. Because it’s about people.”
Ahead of her appearance at the HRD Summit EU, RAI Amsterdam, June 19th-20th 2019, Esther Bongenaar, VP HR Data & Analytics, Royal Dutch Shell, discusses the most effective use of data and people analytics, beyond collation and basic response. Read the full interview here.
That’s all for this week. Join the conversation below.