Business value of building apps on the Salesforce Lightning Platform
- 2 Min Read
As cloud technology matures, cloud adoption is growing to meet accelerating demand for applications, or apps, to help enterprises build a better experience for users consuming modern cloud services like machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), and analytics.
Cloud platforms help developers manage the application life cycle with a completely abstracted underlying infrastructure and a toolset that helps developers compose applications with a point-and-click interface. With limited IT budgets and efficiencies gained when utilizing cloud services, expectations on cloud benefits are high among technology leaders.
IDC interviewed organisations using the Salesforce Lightning Platform (Lightning Platform) to understand its impact on their application development activities, including application development by line-of-business (LOB) users.
These Salesforce customers are creating significant value by enabling delivery of timely and highly relevant new applications and features to the business. IDC’s analysis shows that study participants will realise value worth an average of $181,900 per 100 internal users of applications developed on the Lightning Platform ($13.67 million per organisation) by:
- Enabling line-of-business users to deliver enhancements and new features
- Accelerating development life cycles for IT developers, thereby helping organisations better address business opportunities
- Improving the quality and functionality of new applications and features, which bolster employee productivity levels
- Requiring less IT staff time for management and support, freeing up IT resources for other business-critical initiatives
Business Value Highlights
- 545% five-year ROI
- 6 months to payback
- Almost 6X more line-of-business- developed features
- 29% higher productivity, IT application developers
- 72% fewer releases with errors
- 83% less unplanned downtime
- 57% faster IT development lifecycle
- $3.74 million higher revenue per organisation per year
For the whole report, click here