Since the World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global pandemic in March 2020, employers in every nation have been navigating a new landscape. Organizations of all sizes and from every industry have had to exercise unexpected measures that weren’t outlined in contingency plans. Despite uncertainty around the trajectory of COVID-19, organizations are determined to rebound and reinvent themselves. Employers are thinking long-term when it comes to their entire workforce.
With the right combination of data and insight, companies can ensure their workforce strategy aligns with their business strategy. This year, ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions’ Total Workforce Index™ takes a deeper look at talent availability, comparing the percentage of remote-ready workforce in different markets and exploring the availability of in demand talent to assist organizations in keeping pace with the next normal.
The Total Workforce Index™ is the only index of its kind that analyzes over 200 factors across 76 markets for a comprehensive and comparative view of four key factors: Workforce Availability, Cost Efficiency, Workforce Productivity and Regulation. The rankings help to address critical planning questions, such as:
- Where are the best locations to find workers with the skills needed, especially as new roles emerge and as technology enables employers to pursue more aggressive?
- What is the right remote versus onsite workforce strategy?
- Which markets would best meet diversity and inclusion goals?
- What factors should organizations consider as they choose a new company location?
- How can organizations plan workforce mix by location—city, province, state and/or country?